ProfessionalService Schema Generator and Guide
Original definition: "provider of professional services."
The general ProfessionalService type for local businesses was deprecated due to confusion with Service. For reference, the types that it included were: Dentist, AccountingService, Attorney, Notary, as well as types for several kinds of HomeAndConstructionBusiness: Electrician, GeneralContractor, HousePainter, Locksmith, Plumber, RoofingContractor. LegalService was introduced as a more inclusive supertype of Attorney.
ProfessionalService schema is a sub type of:
This schema has no sub types
ProfessionalService Schema Generator in JSON-LD
ProfessionalService schema code:
How to Create a ProfessionalService Schema
Step 1: Fill out the form above as much as possible.
Note:Use this Schema.org based structured data generator tool to easily create ProfessionalService schema.
The properties are the description of your entity. You don't have to fill in all the properties on this page. Provide what is available and leave what is not. To learn more about each property in your schema type please check ProfessionalService schema properties
Step 2: When complete click the Copy Code button to get your JSON-LD code
Notes:To check if your code is eligible for featured snippets (rich snippets or rich results) test your code with the Rich Results Test tool to learn more about which schema are qualified for rich results check out Google’s search gallery.
To validate your markup code, check your JSON-LD code with the Schema Markup Validator
Step 3: To add a sub-schema, click on the Create Knowledge Graph button
Important Notes: to describe the relationship between your entities you must design a custom schema, this is where the 'creation of knowledge graph' is needed.
For example: if you have a local business and you want to add a service catalogue, or if you have a recipe schema and you want to add a HowTo steps, or if you have a product and you want to add a FAQ about it, to learn more watch this semantic SEO workshop
ProfessionalService Schema Properties
ProfessionalService has 116 properties:
- actionableFeedbackPolicy For a NewsMediaOrganization or other news-related Organization, a statement about public engagement activities (for news media, the newsroom’s), including involving the public - digitally or otherwise -- in coverage decisions, reporting and activities after publication.
additionalProperty A property-value pair representing an additional characteristics of the entitity, e.g. a product feature or another characteristic for which there is no matching property in schema.org.
Note: Publishers should be aware that applications designed to use specific schema.org properties (e.g. https://schema.org/width, https://schema.org/color, https://schema.org/gtin13, ...) will typically expect such data to be provided using those properties, rather than using the generic property/value mechanism.
- additionalType An additional type for the item, typically used for adding more specific types from external vocabularies in microdata syntax. This is a relationship between something and a class that the thing is in. In RDFa syntax, it is better to use the native RDFa syntax - the 'typeof' attribute - for multiple types. Schema.org tools may have only weaker understanding of extra types, in particular those defined externally.
- address Physical address of the item.
- aggregateRating The overall rating, based on a collection of reviews or ratings, of the item.
- alternateName An alias for the item.
- alumni Alumni of an organization.
- amenityFeature An amenity feature (e.g. a characteristic or service) of the Accommodation. This generic property does not make a statement about whether the feature is included in an offer for the main accommodation or available at extra costs.
- areaServed The geographic area where a service or offered item is provided.
- award An award won by or for this item.
- awards Awards won by or for this item.
branchCode A short textual code (also called "store code") that uniquely identifies a place of business. The code is typically assigned by the parentOrganization and used in structured URLs.
For example, in the URL http://www.starbucks.co.uk/store-locator/etc/detail/3047 the code "3047" is a branchCode for a particular branch.
- branchOf The larger organization that this local business is a branch of, if any. Not to be confused with (anatomical)branch.
- brand The brand(s) associated with a product or service, or the brand(s) maintained by an organization or business person.
- contactPoint A contact point for a person or organization.
- contactPoints A contact point for a person or organization.
- containedIn The basic containment relation between a place and one that contains it.
- containedInPlace The basic containment relation between a place and one that contains it.
- containsPlace The basic containment relation between a place and another that it contains.
- correctionsPolicy For an Organization (e.g. NewsMediaOrganization), a statement describing (in news media, the newsroom’s) disclosure and correction policy for errors.
currenciesAccepted The currency accepted.
Use standard formats: ISO 4217 currency format e.g. "USD"; Ticker symbol for cryptocurrencies e.g. "BTC"; well known names for Local Exchange Tradings Systems (LETS) and other currency types e.g. "Ithaca HOUR".
- department A relationship between an organization and a department of that organization, also described as an organization (allowing different urls, logos, opening hours). For example: a store with a pharmacy, or a bakery with a cafe.
- description A description of the item.
- disambiguatingDescription A sub property of description. A short description of the item used to disambiguate from other, similar items. Information from other properties (in particular, name) may be necessary for the description to be useful for disambiguation.
- dissolutionDate The date that this organization was dissolved.
- diversityPolicy Statement on diversity policy by an Organization e.g. a NewsMediaOrganization. For a NewsMediaOrganization, a statement describing the newsroom’s diversity policy on both staffing and sources, typically providing staffing data.
- diversityStaffingReport For an Organization (often but not necessarily a NewsMediaOrganization), a report on staffing diversity issues. In a news context this might be for example ASNE or RTDNA (US) reports, or self-reported.
- duns The Dun & Bradstreet DUNS number for identifying an organization or business person.
- email Email address.
- employee Someone working for this organization.
- employees People working for this organization.
- events Upcoming or past events associated with this place or organization.
- ethicsPolicy Statement about ethics policy, e.g. of a NewsMediaOrganization regarding journalistic and publishing practices, or of a Restaurant, a page describing food source policies. In the case of a NewsMediaOrganization, an ethicsPolicy is typically a statement describing the personal, organizational, and corporate standards of behavior expected by the organization.
- event Upcoming or past event associated with this place, organization, or action.
- faxNumber The fax number.
- founder A person who founded this organization.
- founders A person who founded this organization.
- foundingDate The date that this organization was founded.
- foundingLocation The place where the Organization was founded.
- geoContains Represents a relationship between two geometries (or the places they represent), relating a containing geometry to a contained geometry. "a contains b iff no points of b lie in the exterior of a, and at least one point of the interior of b lies in the interior of a". As defined in DE-9IM.
- funder A person or organization that supports (sponsors) something through some kind of financial contribution.
- funding A Grant that directly or indirectly provide funding or sponsorship for this item. See also ownershipFundingInfo.
- geo The geo coordinates of the place.
- geoCoveredBy Represents a relationship between two geometries (or the places they represent), relating a geometry to another that covers it. As defined in DE-9IM.
- geoCovers Represents a relationship between two geometries (or the places they represent), relating a covering geometry to a covered geometry. "Every point of b is a point of (the interior or boundary of) a". As defined in DE-9IM.
- geoCrosses Represents a relationship between two geometries (or the places they represent), relating a geometry to another that crosses it: "a crosses b: they have some but not all interior points in common, and the dimension of the intersection is less than that of at least one of them". As defined in DE-9IM.
- geoDisjoint Represents spatial relations in which two geometries (or the places they represent) are topologically disjoint: they have no point in common. They form a set of disconnected geometries." (a symmetric relationship, as defined in DE-9IM)
- geoEquals Represents spatial relations in which two geometries (or the places they represent) are topologically equal, as defined in DE-9IM. "Two geometries are topologically equal if their interiors intersect and no part of the interior or boundary of one geometry intersects the exterior of the other" (a symmetric relationship)
- geoIntersects Represents spatial relations in which two geometries (or the places they represent) have at least one point in common. As defined in DE-9IM.
- geoOverlaps Represents a relationship between two geometries (or the places they represent), relating a geometry to another that geospatially overlaps it, i.e. they have some but not all points in common. As defined in DE-9IM.
- geoTouches Represents spatial relations in which two geometries (or the places they represent) touch: they have at least one boundary point in common, but no interior points." (a symmetric relationship, as defined in DE-9IM )
- geoWithin Represents a relationship between two geometries (or the places they represent), relating a geometry to one that contains it, i.e. it is inside (i.e. within) its interior. As defined in DE-9IM.
- globalLocationNumber The Global Location Number (GLN, sometimes also referred to as International Location Number or ILN) of the respective organization, person, or place. The GLN is a 13-digit number used to identify parties and physical locations.
- hasDriveThroughService Indicates whether some facility (e.g. FoodEstablishment, CovidTestingFacility) offers a service that can be used by driving through in a car. In the case of CovidTestingFacility such facilities could potentially help with social distancing from other potentially-infected users.
- hasCredential A credential awarded to the Person or Organization.
- hasMap A URL to a map of the place.
- hasMerchantReturnPolicy Specifies a MerchantReturnPolicy that may be applicable.
- hasOfferCatalog Indicates an OfferCatalog listing for this Organization, Person, or Service.
- hasPOS Points-of-Sales operated by the organization or person.
- identifier The identifier property represents any kind of identifier for any kind of Thing, such as ISBNs, GTIN codes, UUIDs etc. Schema.org provides dedicated properties for representing many of these, either as textual strings or as URL (URI) links. See background notes for more details.
- image An image of the item. This can be a URL or a fully described ImageObject.
- interactionStatistic The number of interactions for the CreativeWork using the WebSite or SoftwareApplication. The most specific child type of InteractionCounter should be used.
- isAccessibleForFree A flag to signal that the item, event, or place is accessible for free.
- isicV4 The International Standard of Industrial Classification of All Economic Activities (ISIC), Revision 4 code for a particular organization, business person, or place.
- iso6523Code An organization identifier as defined in ISO 6523(-1). Note that many existing organization identifiers such as leiCode, duns and vatID can be expressed as an ISO 6523 identifier by setting the ICD part of the ISO 6523 identifier accordingly.
- keywords Keywords or tags used to describe some item. Multiple textual entries in a keywords list are typically delimited by commas, or by repeating the property.
- knowsAbout Of a Person, and less typically of an Organization, to indicate a topic that is known about - suggesting possible expertise but not implying it. We do not distinguish skill levels here, or relate this to educational content, events, objectives or JobPosting descriptions.
- knowsLanguage Of a Person, and less typically of an Organization, to indicate a known language. We do not distinguish skill levels or reading/writing/speaking/signing here. Use language codes from the IETF BCP 47 standard.
latitude The latitude of a location. For example
- legalName The official name of the organization, e.g. the registered company name.
- leiCode An organization identifier that uniquely identifies a legal entity as defined in ISO 17442.
- location The location of, for example, where an event is happening, where an organization is located, or where an action takes place.
- logo An associated logo.
longitude The longitude of a location. For example
- mainEntityOfPage Indicates a page (or other CreativeWork) for which this thing is the main entity being described. See background notes for details.
- makesOffer A pointer to products or services offered by the organization or person.
- map A URL to a map of the place.
- maps A URL to a map of the place.
- maximumAttendeeCapacity The total number of individuals that may attend an event or venue.
- member A member of an Organization or a ProgramMembership. Organizations can be members of organizations; ProgramMembership is typically for individuals.
- memberOf An Organization (or ProgramMembership) to which this Person or Organization belongs.
- members A member of this organization.
- naics The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code for a particular organization or business person.
- name The name of the item.
- nonprofitStatus nonprofit Status indicates the legal status of a non-profit organization in its primary place of business.
- numberOfEmployees The number of employees in an organization e.g. business.
openingHours The general opening hours for a business. Opening hours can be specified as a weekly time range, starting with days, then times per day. Multiple days can be listed with commas ',' separating each day. Day or time ranges are specified using a hyphen '-'.
- Days are specified using the following two-letter combinations:
- Times are specified using 24:00 format. For example, 3pm is specified as
15:00, 10am as
- Here is an example:
<time itemprop="openingHours" datetime="Tu,Th 16:00-20:00">Tuesdays and Thursdays 4-8pm</time>.
- If a business is open 7 days a week, then it can be specified as
<time itemprop="openingHours" datetime="Mo-Su">Monday through Sunday, all day</time>.
- Days are specified using the following two-letter combinations:
- openingHoursSpecification The opening hours of a certain place.
- ownershipFundingInfo For an Organization (often but not necessarily a NewsMediaOrganization), a description of organizational ownership structure; funding and grants. In a news/media setting, this is with particular reference to editorial independence. Note that the funder is also available and can be used to make basic funder information machine-readable.
- owns Products owned by the organization or person.
- parentOrganization The larger organization that this organization is a subOrganization of, if any.
- paymentAccepted Cash, Credit Card, Cryptocurrency, Local Exchange Tradings System, etc.
- photo A photograph of this place.
- photos Photographs of this place.
- potentialAction Indicates a potential Action, which describes an idealized action in which this thing would play an 'object' role.
priceRange The price range of the business, for example
- publicAccess A flag to signal that the Place is open to public visitors. If this property is omitted there is no assumed default boolean value
publishingPrinciples The publishingPrinciples property indicates (typically via URL) a document describing the editorial principles of an Organization (or individual e.g. a Person writing a blog) that relate to their activities as a publisher, e.g. ethics or diversity policies. When applied to a CreativeWork (e.g. NewsArticle) the principles are those of the party primarily responsible for the creation of the CreativeWork.
While such policies are most typically expressed in natural language, sometimes related information (e.g. indicating a funder) can be expressed using schema.org terminology.
- review A review of the item.
- reviews Review of the item.
- sameAs URL of a reference Web page that unambiguously indicates the item's identity. E.g. the URL of the item's Wikipedia page, Wikidata entry, or official website.
- seeks A pointer to products or services sought by the organization or person (demand).
- serviceArea The geographic area where the service is provided.
- slogan A slogan or motto associated with the item.
- smokingAllowed Indicates whether it is allowed to smoke in the place, e.g. in the restaurant, hotel or hotel room.
specialOpeningHoursSpecification The special opening hours of a certain place.
Use this to explicitly override general opening hours brought in scope by openingHoursSpecification or openingHours.
- sponsor A person or organization that supports a thing through a pledge, promise, or financial contribution. e.g. a sponsor of a Medical Study or a corporate sponsor of an event.
- subOrganization A relationship between two organizations where the first includes the second, e.g., as a subsidiary. See also: the more specific 'department' property.
- subjectOf A CreativeWork or Event about this Thing.
- taxID The Tax / Fiscal ID of the organization or person, e.g. the TIN in the US or the CIF/NIF in Spain.
- telephone The telephone number.
- tourBookingPage A page providing information on how to book a tour of some Place, such as an Accommodation or ApartmentComplex in a real estate setting, as well as other kinds of tours as appropriate.
- unnamedSourcesPolicy For an Organization (typically a NewsMediaOrganization), a statement about policy on use of unnamed sources and the decision process required.
- url URL of the item.
- vatID The Value-added Tax ID of the organization or person.