Product Schema Generator and Guide
Any offered product or service. For example: a pair of shoes; a concert ticket; the rental of a car; a haircut; or an episode of a TV show streamed online.
Product schema is a sub type of:
This schema has more specific sub types.
Would you like to generate a more specific type of Product schema?
Product Schema Generator in JSON-LD
Product schema code:
How to Create a Product Schema
Step 1: Fill out the form above as much as possible.
Note:Use this Schema.org based structured data generator tool to easily create Product schema.
The properties are the description of your entity. You don't have to fill in all the properties on this page. Provide what is available and leave what is not. To learn more about each property in your schema type please check Product schema properties
Step 2: When complete click the Copy Code button to get your JSON-LD code
Notes:To check if your code is eligible for featured snippets (rich snippets or rich results) test your code with the Rich Results Test tool to learn more about which schema are qualified for rich results check out Google’s search gallery.
To validate your markup code, check your JSON-LD code with the Schema Markup Validator
Step 3: To add a sub-schema, click on the Create Knowledge Graph button
Important Notes: to describe the relationship between your entities you must design a custom schema, this is where the 'creation of knowledge graph' is needed.
For example: if you have a local business and you want to add a service catalogue, or if you have a recipe schema and you want to add a HowTo steps, or if you have a product and you want to add a FAQ about it, to learn more watch this semantic SEO workshop
Product Schema Properties
Product has 64 properties:
additionalProperty A property-value pair representing an additional characteristics of the entitity, e.g. a product feature or another characteristic for which there is no matching property in schema.org.
Note: Publishers should be aware that applications designed to use specific schema.org properties (e.g. https://schema.org/width, https://schema.org/color, https://schema.org/gtin13, ...) will typically expect such data to be provided using those properties, rather than using the generic property/value mechanism.
- additionalType An additional type for the item, typically used for adding more specific types from external vocabularies in microdata syntax. This is a relationship between something and a class that the thing is in. In RDFa syntax, it is better to use the native RDFa syntax - the 'typeof' attribute - for multiple types. Schema.org tools may have only weaker understanding of extra types, in particular those defined externally.
- aggregateRating The overall rating, based on a collection of reviews or ratings, of the item.
- alternateName An alias for the item.
- audience An intended audience, i.e. a group for whom something was created.
- award An award won by or for this item.
- awards Awards won by or for this item.
- brand The brand(s) associated with a product or service, or the brand(s) maintained by an organization or business person.
- category A category for the item. Greater signs or slashes can be used to informally indicate a category hierarchy.
- color The color of the product.
- countryOfAssembly The place where the product was assembled.
- countryOfLastProcessing The place where the item (typically Product) was last processed and tested before importation.
countryOfOrigin The country of origin of something, including products as well as creative works such as movie and TV content.
In the case of TV and movie, this would be the country of the principle offices of the production company or individual responsible for the movie. For other kinds of CreativeWork it is difficult to provide fully general guidance, and properties such as contentLocation and locationCreated may be more applicable.
In the case of products, the country of origin of the product. The exact interpretation of this may vary by context and product type, and cannot be fully enumerated here.
- depth The depth of the item.
- description A description of the item.
- disambiguatingDescription A sub property of description. A short description of the item used to disambiguate from other, similar items. Information from other properties (in particular, name) may be necessary for the description to be useful for disambiguation.
- funding A Grant that directly or indirectly provide funding or sponsorship for this item. See also ownershipFundingInfo.
- hasEnergyConsumptionDetails Defines the energy efficiency Category (also known as "class" or "rating") for a product according to an international energy efficiency standard.
- gtin A Global Trade Item Number (GTIN). GTINs identify trade items, including products and services, using numeric identification codes. The gtin property generalizes the earlier gtin8, gtin12, gtin13, and gtin14 properties. The GS1 digital link specifications express GTINs as URLs. A correct gtin value should be a valid GTIN, which means that it should be an all-numeric string of either 8, 12, 13 or 14 digits, or a "GS1 Digital Link" URL based on such a string. The numeric component should also have a valid GS1 check digit and meet the other rules for valid GTINs. See also GS1's GTIN Summary and Wikipedia for more details. Left-padding of the gtin values is not required or encouraged.
- gtin12 The GTIN-12 code of the product, or the product to which the offer refers. The GTIN-12 is the 12-digit GS1 Identification Key composed of a U.P.C. Company Prefix, Item Reference, and Check Digit used to identify trade items. See GS1 GTIN Summary for more details.
- gtin13 The GTIN-13 code of the product, or the product to which the offer refers. This is equivalent to 13-digit ISBN codes and EAN UCC-13. Former 12-digit UPC codes can be converted into a GTIN-13 code by simply adding a preceding zero. See GS1 GTIN Summary for more details.
- gtin14 The GTIN-14 code of the product, or the product to which the offer refers. See GS1 GTIN Summary for more details.
- gtin8 The GTIN-8 code of the product, or the product to which the offer refers. This code is also known as EAN/UCC-8 or 8-digit EAN. See GS1 GTIN Summary for more details.
- hasAdultConsideration Used to tag an item to be intended or suitable for consumption or use by adults only.
- hasMeasurement A product measurement, for example the inseam of pants, the wheel size of a bicycle, or the gauge of a screw. Usually an exact measurement, but can also be a range of measurements for adjustable products, for example belts and ski bindings.
- hasMerchantReturnPolicy Specifies a MerchantReturnPolicy that may be applicable.
- height The height of the item.
- identifier The identifier property represents any kind of identifier for any kind of Thing, such as ISBNs, GTIN codes, UUIDs etc. Schema.org provides dedicated properties for representing many of these, either as textual strings or as URL (URI) links. See background notes for more details.
- image An image of the item. This can be a URL or a fully described ImageObject.
- inProductGroupWithID Indicates the productGroupID for a ProductGroup that this product isVariantOf.
- isAccessoryOrSparePartFor A pointer to another product (or multiple products) for which this product is an accessory or spare part.
- isConsumableFor A pointer to another product (or multiple products) for which this product is a consumable.
- isFamilyFriendly Indicates whether this content is family friendly.
- isRelatedTo A pointer to another, somehow related product (or multiple products).
- isSimilarTo A pointer to another, functionally similar product (or multiple products).
- isVariantOf Indicates the kind of product that this is a variant of. In the case of ProductModel, this is a pointer (from a ProductModel) to a base product from which this product is a variant. It is safe to infer that the variant inherits all product features from the base model, unless defined locally. This is not transitive. In the case of a ProductGroup, the group description also serves as a template, representing a set of Products that vary on explicitly defined, specific dimensions only (so it defines both a set of variants, as well as which values distinguish amongst those variants). When used with ProductGroup, this property can apply to any Product included in the group.
- itemCondition A predefined value from OfferItemCondition specifying the condition of the product or service, or the products or services included in the offer. Also used for product return policies to specify the condition of products accepted for returns.
- keywords Keywords or tags used to describe some item. Multiple textual entries in a keywords list are typically delimited by commas, or by repeating the property.
- logo An associated logo.
- mainEntityOfPage Indicates a page (or other CreativeWork) for which this thing is the main entity being described. See background notes for details.
- manufacturer The manufacturer of the product.
- material A material that something is made from, e.g. leather, wool, cotton, paper.
- model The model of the product. Use with the URL of a ProductModel or a textual representation of the model identifier. The URL of the ProductModel can be from an external source. It is recommended to additionally provide strong product identifiers via the gtin8/gtin13/gtin14 and mpn properties.
- mpn The Manufacturer Part Number (MPN) of the product, or the product to which the offer refers.
- name The name of the item.
- nsn Indicates the NATO stock number (nsn) of a Product.
- offers An offer to provide this item—for example, an offer to sell a product, rent the DVD of a movie, perform a service, or give away tickets to an event. Use businessFunction to indicate the kind of transaction offered, i.e. sell, lease, etc. This property can also be used to describe a Demand. While this property is listed as expected on a number of common types, it can be used in others. In that case, using a second type, such as Product or a subtype of Product, can clarify the nature of the offer.
productID The product identifier, such as ISBN. For example:
meta itemprop="productID" content="isbn:123-456-789".
- pattern A pattern that something has, for example 'polka dot', 'striped', 'Canadian flag'. Values are typically expressed as text, although links to controlled value schemes are also supported.
- potentialAction Indicates a potential Action, which describes an idealized action in which this thing would play an 'object' role.
- productionDate The date of production of the item, e.g. vehicle.
- purchaseDate The date the item e.g. vehicle was purchased by the current owner.
- releaseDate The release date of a product or product model. This can be used to distinguish the exact variant of a product.
- review A review of the item.
- reviews Review of the item.
- sameAs URL of a reference Web page that unambiguously indicates the item's identity. E.g. the URL of the item's Wikipedia page, Wikidata entry, or official website.
- size A standardized size of a product or creative work, specified either through a simple textual string (for example 'XL', '32Wx34L'), a QuantitativeValue with a unitCode, or a comprehensive and structured SizeSpecification; in other cases, the width, height, depth and weight properties may be more applicable.
- sku The Stock Keeping Unit (SKU), i.e. a merchant-specific identifier for a product or service, or the product to which the offer refers.
- slogan A slogan or motto associated with the item.
- subjectOf A CreativeWork or Event about this Thing.
- url URL of the item.
- weight The weight of the product or person.
- width The width of the item.